METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the sale and manufacture of weighing and measurement systems for laboratory,
industrial and trade applications. We are a global organization whose company culture is shaped by innovation and a
strong, team-oriented, international culture.
The CAD/PLM System Admin Team is responsible for the effective provisioning, operation and maintenance of system
software and related infrastructure at METTLER TOLEDO. In order to strengthen our functional area, we are looking for a
Database Administrator (f/m)
The position is located at our global operational headquarters in Greifensee, Zurich.
- Create and maintain System Architecture Landscape for applications running on MS-SQL
- Ensure usage of certified software packages for the end users applications
- Define deployment procedures (server and client side)
- Coordination of system deployments of software customization/configuration
- Document hardware requirements for local network connection to MT for deployment phase
- Maintain and execute continuous improvement of SQL DB application
- Perform daily system monitoring, ensuring availability of all applications
- Provide 3rd level support for system architecture related issues
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimizations as required.
- Provide reccomandations for eventual infrastructure extension requirements in contex of new projects delivery
- Master/ Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electronics, Mechanics, Infromatics, CS or equivalent)
- Experience with system administration of engineering applications
- Good knowledge of the the following applications. Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- (Siemens Teamcenter Application Infrastructure is a plus)
- Experience with change management processes (CMII , ITIL or similar )
- Mentor xDM Library Management and License Management Tools (FlexLM) are a plus
- Independent, accurate way of working and understanding of complex processes and interdependencies, high problem
- Ability to communicate across different functional team (R&D, operations, IT, etc.)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German is a plus
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings & weekends, Travel required up to 10%
We offer a challenging position in an innovative and world-leading high-tech company in which you will have the
possibility to be part in a fast moving environment with an open culture.
Did we attract your interest? We are looking forward to hearing from you soon! Please send your complete application
documents to firstname.lastname@example.org