METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the sale and manufacturing of weighing and measurement systems for laboratory,
industrial and trade applications. We are a global organization whose company culture is shaped by innovation and a
strong, team-oriented, international culture.
As part of Global Supply Chain Management, Global Indirect Procurement is responsible for the strategic category and
supplier management of all indirect categories. Under consideration of innovation, cost, quality and availability we
strive to develop procurement to a competitive advantage for METTLER TOLEDO. To complete the team of category managers
in Switzerland we are looking for a highly motivated and skilled professional with a passion for SCM to start or to
proceed its career in the area of Supply Chain Management as an
Indirect Category Manager 100% (m/f)
The main goal of this position is to lead strategic procurement for Marketing/Communication and eBusiness as well as
related categories and to work with internal stakeholders achieving both competitive costs and terms for METTLER
TOLEDO. Beyond that, we are seeking an individual that passionately improves our supply chain performance, can quickly
develop into increasingly challenging leadership positions and be added our SCM talent pool.
- Developing category strategies in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Coordinating multi-unit, cross-functional global projects and supporting of both regional and global implementations
- Leading and managing competitive bids, contract negotiations, and contracting
- Designing of target cost reduction programs while simultaneously guaranteeing quality assurance and security of
supply, as well as proportional contractual risks
- Continuously improving the quality of supply chain by means of proactive exercise of influence and monitoring
- Identification and implementation of savings opportunities by transferring and applying best practices
- You have a bachelor or master degree in business, economics or related field. Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience
in supply chain management, consulting, key account management or related field in a global matrix driven organization
with familiarity of End-to-End processes
- Experience in negotiation, contracting, or procurement and/or dealing with Marketing/Communications stakeholders and
suppliers would be considered an advantage
- As this is a position with development opportunities, we expect a person with the necessary leadership skills. These
could have been obtained during studies, in associations, through project work or other examples
- Youre a strong negotiator with proven project management skills, able to deal with complex initiatives and to lead
through persuasion with all levels and cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with proven record of successfully presenting to all
levels of a global organization, German skills are a big plus
- Solid financial acumen and strong analytical skills using Excel, SAP knowledge would be an asset
- Open for international travel depending on business needs (approx. 10 %)
We offer a challenging position in an innovative and world-leading technology company in which you will find an
environment with room to maneuver and are expected to work with little direction and guidance.
Are you interested to work within a dynamic organization with strong opportunities for advancement? Please send your
complete application documentation via e-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only consider direct applications for this role.