As one of the world's leading energy companies, the Shell Group has a key role in helping to meet the growing energy needs of the world in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. Shell companies employ approximately 92'000 people in over 70 countries.
The Shell companies in Switzerland are engaged in the transport, distribution, storage, marketing and sale of fuels and lubricants, bitumen and other products required to meet the energy needs of the industry, commerce and private households in Switzerland. Swiss Shell companies are also owners of Shell trademarks, licence these worldwide internally and externally, and actively engage in Shell brand building and developing activities. The captive insurance company, a large Swiss regulated insurer, provides insurance and reinsurance for the Shell Group.
LEGAL COUNSEL - TRADEMARKS ATTORNEY
To strengthen the in-house Legal Team in Baar/Switzerland we are searching for a
Legal Counsel - Trademarks Attorney
Your scope of work will be to handle trade mark related legal work for a global portfolio of marks, in Switzerland and to be part of a local and international team of trade mark attorneys and paralegals. You will need:
- To pro-actively provide practical, sound, timely and quality trade mark, copyright, designs and design right focused legal advice to Swiss trade mark owning company, and to the global businesses. In particular, to provide trade mark clearances, filing, renewals, prosecution, opposition, and enforcement, by both litigation and administrative proceedings.
- To develop cost effective strategies for filing and prosecution, and trade mark and brand protection, especially anti-counterfeiting in key markets, and to effectively manage external agents and their costs.
- Be instrumental in the delivery of global businesses brand strategies, by supporting and developing brand prosecution and protection strategies, and closely engaging with stakeholders.
- To deliver training on specific areas of legal concern, including on brand protection policy.
- To focus on legal and corporate compliance, and support the Swiss Shell companies and their employees in compliance matters.
- To negotiate with third parties regarding use of trade mark rights, such as co-existence agreements.
- To support major corporate projects from a trade mark perspective.
- To sustain good and continuous working relationships with the representatives of the various Businesses and Functions of the Swiss Shell companies as well as with colleagues of the global Shell Legal
- To support the Shell Litigation Organisation, and to collect and develop evidence of use.
- To draft contracts, legal memos and all sorts of other legal and corporate documents relating to intellectual property.
- Degree in Law (M Law / lic.iur.) of a Swiss university
- A Swiss barrister's degree ("Schweizerisches Anwaltspatent")
- Working experience with a law firm and/or a major national and/or international company
- Excellent knowledge of English, spoken and written, including good drafting skills
- Excellent team player with ability to work efficiently with little supervision
- Knowledge of /experience with the UK and/or US legal system is a plus
Shell Brands International AG offers you
You will find a many-sided, multifunctional, interesting and challenging opportunity to apply and enhance your know-how and further develop your professional career in a multinational company. Furthermore, this position offers flexible working times and attractive conditions of employment.
Please send your application by e-mail in English to Manuela Studer, HR manager at:
Shell Brands International AG
Frau Manuela Studer