At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realise your potential!
Team Assistant (fixed term 6-12 months) for Medical Affairs
We are looking for Abbotts Established Pharmaceuticals Division for a Team Assistant (fixed term 6-12 months) as maternity leave cover for our Global Medical Affairs Team based in Allschwil/Basel, Switzerland.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Support of the assigned Team in all organizational and administrative functions
- Organization and management of agendas
- General office management including internal and external correspondence in English, archiving, mailings, acting as communication interface
- Ensures the general office administration, such as coordination of business schedule, travel management and expenses
- Organization and coordination of internal / external meetings and events world-wide
- Arrangements of telephone conferences
- Assistance in preparing and coordinating presentations for meetings
- Follows up personnel matters on behalf of the department head
- Supports in budget control matters
- Set-up and tracking of contracts
- Supervisory tasks: guarantee a smooth adjustment to the job of a new employee
- Liaison for remote access issues
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations
- Support in scheduling interviews in cooperation with HR (including TA) and processing of expenses from candidates
- Research, suggest and organize locations for business dinners
Commercial education or equivalent/relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 year previous admin experience
- Excellent command of English is essential, German and French as any other languages would be an asset
- Professional development as an Assistant and experience gained through a previous and comparable position
- Full command of modern IT skills is a must (MS Office)
- Highly motivated and fast learner
- Resourceful, well organized and committed
- Self-starter, who follows up proactively and is eager to complete a job
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to adapt herself/himself to various contacts and different situations (multicultural environment, internal/external partners)
- Service oriented, high flexibility, endurance and innovation
- Independent working style/well organized and committed with a strong sense of responsibility.
Herr Moritz von der Brelie
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist