Senior Audit Manager - Governance/Legal
Your role :
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Can you credibly communicate difficult messages to Senior Management? Can you successfully deliver audit engagements in time and appropriate quality?
We're looking for someone like that who can:
- conduct reviews and audits of specific business areas, provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified while being conscious of the firm's resources
- analyze and assess risks and barriers to delivery in Corporate and Legal Entity Governance and in particular in the General Counsel and Group Investigations area
- identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
- prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management, monitor the results, risk profile and developments across GIA network and provide input for planning sessions
- successfully collaborate with peers in and across audit teams and when in charge of an audit sustainably manage auditors and diligently support audit mandate lead.
- effectively assume the Legal and Investigations Subject Matter Expert function to support audit teams across the entire GIA as well as provide guidance on wholistically auditing policies and the Group Policy Framework.
Your team :
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit team. GIA's role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team is responsible for auditing the central Group function focusing on Corporate and Legal Entity Governance, Strategic Organizational Initiatives, Regulatory Relations as well as General Counsel and Group Investigations areas.
GIA offers flexible work arrangements
Your experience and skills :
- a university degree, equivalent education or professional audit designation like CIA, CPA,
- experience in internal auditing in a big global Financial Services company with a focus on General Counsel and Investigations/Litigations.
- strong legal background in US Law, successfully completed law school and admitted to the bar.
- detailed experience in US commercial legal case management.
- extensive exposure to corporate policy framework definition, implementation and review.
- strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods.
- a detailed understanding of banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving.
- reliable, resourceful and risk focused when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- a flexible and committed team player willing to interact in a global team and thriving on demanding situations
- curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland