Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Doodle.com is the world's favorite online scheduling tool with over 25 million monthly users around the globe. People use Doodle to plan everything from dinners with friends and family gatherings to business meetings. We want even more get-togethers to be organised with Doodle and are looking to expand our team with:
Lead Backend Engineer
- Work as a lead developer of the Doodle Backend team and guide them towards successful project deliveries
- Use your technical expertise to guide the design and development of Doodle's future backend architecture
- Design, develop, test and maintain RESTful APIs and services to serve millions of users
- Be a key player in a cross-functional team: work together with frontend and mobile engineers to design RESTful APIs and ease their adoption once developed
- Contribute to our data team to develop and maintain data processing pipelines
☑ are a young, small, international team composed of engineers from 6 nationalities spread across Zurich, Berlin and Tel Aviv
☑ offer one of the coolest offices in Zurich
☑ care very much about engineering culture and engineering quality
☑ are passionate about what we do, sometimes even too much :) Requirements
- You enjoy working in a small, dynamic team and the flexibility this brings
- You are able to lead architecture design to meet stakeholders requirements
- Have a MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in building services for the web and RESTful APIs
- Have an extensive professional experience with Java
- Have experience with containerization/orchestration technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
Knowledge in the following fields is a plus:
- NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB
- Python and/or Node.js
- Spring Framework
- Data processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Airflow)
- No shortcuts in tools, fancy a 13" or 15" Macbook Pro? You got it!
- Home-office and remote work friendly, matched with flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people.
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, hackathons.
- Personal, yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Sunny, open offices in central locations in Zurich, Berlin & Tel Aviv. Yes, you get to travel there too!
We look forward to your application Denisa Fetahovic
Talent Acquisition Specialist +41 44 500 29 87
Frau Denisa Fetahovic
Talent Acquisition Specialist