Spanning seven cities over three continents, Expedia Inc.'s Regional Brands Group is a collection of leading travel brands including Orbitz, Travelocity, CheapTickets, ebookers, Mr. Jet, wotif, and lastminute.com.au. Together these brands represent a significant business for Expedia, Inc. and this newly created global organization is passionate about establishing each brand as a leader in its respective market. We are a creative, entrepreneurial team leading its own strategy, product, retail, and marketing efforts to grow its portfolio of brands. Join our exciting team!
Senior PR Manager - ebookers - London or Geneva
- Developing and leading the PR strategy across CH, FI and UK
- Managing external PR agencies ensuring best practices are adhered to.
- Building and implementing annual PR plans, ensuring it is fully integrated with other marketing channels and ensuring timely delivery of results.
- Reputation management (In co-ordination with Social Media team) ensuring insight gathering and delivering reputation monitoring reports.
- Taking responsibility for the PR Budget
- Developing programs to establish ebookers as a leader with a point of view in the travel space and build affinity with the brand across digital, print and broadcast media.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key offline & online media contacts and influencers, identifying a tiered target list. Working closely with local media to gain a deep understanding of their priorities and find opportunities for ebookers.
- Regularly interaction with the media, including serving as a spokesperson for online, print, radio and television interviews
- Media monitoring and news pulse (trending topic)
- Developing travel data releases for major travel topics to ensure ebookers is front and center in more coverage than major OTA and direct travel competitors
- Commissioning Trend reports to provide data & insight rich content to top publications and sites
- Reviewing and responding to reactive media enquiries, facilitating data gathering and securing most relevant spokesperson's comments.
- Manage reactive PR customer issues.
- Leading Trade PR initiatives
- Raising ebookers leadership team profile in key trade publication and events, sourcing opportunities, coordinating speaking engagements and participants briefs
- Crisis management team point of contact (if/when necessary)
- Helping manage risk from negative customer queries that could influence perceptions of ebookers (co-ordinating messaging and provide support to customer services teams.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - including the ability to represent ebookers's business at the highest levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated results in working with and driving thinking of senior management including ability to counsel executives regarding message content and delivery
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and ability to handle changing requirements as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
Experience and Qualification
- Proven International PR experience in a corporate or agency environment at a senior level (CH/FI experience preferred)
- Consumer product and/or travel and/or tech industry experience preferred and existing media relationships in one of these sectors; journalist references appreciated
- Experience dealing with corporate-level issues management preferred
- Media spokesperson experience a bonus along with media relations experience required
- Experience working in the technology and/or travel sector Social media experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluent French/German speaker preferred and/or Finnish.
What we offer:
The Senior PR Manager will be a central figure in building programs and engaging media to shape our story with press and influencers. This includes playing a key role in driving business and consumer PR for the ebookers brand, focusing on our core markets Switzerland, Finland and the UK. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling for one of the most loved consumer brands in the European travel sphere and to work in a dynamic international team, this is the job for you.
Switzerland, Finland and the UK are ebookers most important markets and a key priority for PR. As Senior PR Manager, you will be responsible for working directly with the media to drive locally relevant, highly engaging PR activities which resonate strongly with the local audience in these markets. You will work closely with senior leaders within the company to craft and raise awareness of our brand story. You will act as an invaluable consultant for the wider team on areas of sensitivity and local cultural nuances. You will possess a strong network of media contacts and a keen eye for developing stories and initiatives which will gain the attention of both the media and the wider population.
The role will be based in London or Geneva, reporting to the Head of Brand marketing, with the opportunity for regular travel to UK, Switzerland and Finland to build and support your network of media contacts.