Student Assistant Investment Controlling, 40% - Investment Management Switzerland
Within the Zurich Group, we are a community of about 500 investment professionals worldwide. Being responsible for managing Zurich's own assets of about 200 billion dollars, we are an important partner for the Group's insurance business. Investment Management Switzerland manages assets of over CHF 33 billion.
Our people are at the core of what we do. We recognize that people and culture are important for our business. This defines how we hire, develop and motivate our people. We welcome diversity and are proud to offer a broad range of flexible work environments that allow you to balance work and private life.
In this position you will support the Head of Investment Controlling in preparation of monthly financial reporting of the investment result for the Business Unit Switzerland and in forecasting and planning of the investment income and expenses.
As a Student Assistant Investment Controlling your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As a Student Assistant Investment Controlling your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Preparing financial analysis of investment income and expenses
- Supporting the preparation of the annual financial plan as well as the monthly forecast of the investment result
- Assisting in the controlling of expenses and fees
- Executing risk and compliance checks as well as SOX controls
- Supporting investment projects with finance and controlling know-how
- Preparing of ad-hoc requests, presentations and analysis of various issues
Additional Information Primary work location is Zürich Oerlikon. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Urs Kaeslin is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site . Zurich Virtual Tour Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour . Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
- Bachelor's degree or several semesters of studies in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance (financial markets and securities)
- Analytical thinking and effective communication
- Good relationship management
- Presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Team player and self-motivated
- Good MS Office skills (especially Excel)
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.