Senior Java Developer (Agile)
Senior Agile Java Developer
Location: Zürich, Switzerland Type: permanent As a senior java developer you will participate in all phases of the development life cycle and are responsible to design, document and maintain innovative applications. This role include significant responsibilities and evolution possibilities. Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining systems on the analytics platform
- Extensive software development experience using Java and Open source Technologies
- Experience in tests development and automation
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, performance tune and understand existing java applications
- Collaborate efficiently with business analyst and other team members to translate business into software requirements.
- Design, prototype and iterate on innovative solution to meet user requirements
Required skills and experience:
The following can be an advantage:
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology
- Strong Experience with Java in a JEE environment
- In-depth experience with web application development
- In-depth knowledge with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- In-depth knowledge with technologies such as ORM, Web Services, XML, JSON, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, Caching
- In-depth knowledge with Spring MVC /Oracle Database
- Experience with relational database and SQL
- Experience with a development IDEs such as Eclipse
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Jenkins or Hudson and Ant, Maven, or Gradle
- Experience with agile project management software such as Jira
- 5+ years of experience designing and consuming REST/SOAP (cxf based)web services
- Experienced in Spring and Hibernate Framework
- Working experience with continuous integration tools: Maven, Subversion/Git, Sonar.
- Jasper reporting, Spring Batch, Ehcache, MQ
- Experienced in Apache Tomcat Server
Our typical recruitment process involves 3-4 phone/video interviews (technical and business related topics) and 2 face to face interviews in Zürich- we reimburse the cost of your travel. This process can be flexible based on the project needs. Please visit our career site for more information on our company: http://cognizantcareers.eu/ch_en
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing, and Junit
- Experienced in web application security, authentication methodologies, and SSO technologies
- Demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice, especially around reusability, scalability, and performance
- Strong communication skills
To apply please send your CV to Rania.Tissegouine@cognizant.com or apply on the career site.
Please note that we only accept job applications from EU or Swiss nationals, who are eligible to work in Switzerland.