IT Software Engineer
Are you a passionate IT professional? Do you want to play a vital part in the design and development of our current and future tax reporting solutions that support the company's business needs in wealth management? We are looking for someone who enjoys helping us developing a strategic application solution for the future in tax reporting.
We are looking for someone who will
- Design and develop applications which interact with the mainframe operating system services and unix based decentral systems
- Translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into designs and code
- Enhance and maintain existing JAVA code based framework components
- Work with other people to support and resolve issues
- Test and integrate changed and new code
- Enhance existing regression test suite
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as nightly build and test cases
- Research/propose opportunities for improvements
Your team :
You will be part of the IT Tax Reporting Development Capability in Zürich, Switzerland. You are part of a high-performing, integrated team consisting of Project Managers, Business Analyst, Test Analysts and a Delivery Manager. The team is committed to quality providing software development and maintenance of complex, vital core banking components.
Your experience and skills:
- Experience in analysis, design, programming, testing, quality assurance and software process improvement
- Senior level programming familiarity in Java on UNIX and integration of third party software with in house developed applications and software
- Experience in Banking or the financial industry and output knowledge e.g. PDF/A transformation and validation, file transfer protocols, formats(XML) and approaches
- Preferably experience with Cobol and z/OS applications and middleware
- a flexible and team player mind-set
- Willing to challenge the status quo, come up with new ideas and design practical solutions
- Client focused with the ability to drive resolution of issues
- Able to work and communicate efficiently with stakeholders and the team
- Able to remain calm under pressure and can think clearly to tackle difficult problems with creativity and persistency (e.g. think outside the box)
- Eager to learn and keen to increase your knowledge
- English language skills in in speaking and writing (German not mandatory but welcome)
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Information Technology (IT)