Swiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
Software Design Engineer (Tools, Drivers and Sample Code)
As part of our motivated and international Tools, Drivers and Sample Code team you will design, implement, document and test parts of the tools, drivers and sample codes to be used in combination with u-blox positioning products, such as GNSS receivers, running on different operating systems (Windows, Linux and Android).
- Participate in the complete development process for host tools and drivers with a focus on an MFC based Windows application.
- Take responsibility for the design, functionality and quality of the software.
- Communicate and align actively with stakeholders and other departments.
- Lead a development project as a technical project manager (optional).
- Report to line manager and sub-project manager on activities.
- Decision making in own field of activity.
- Assist other team members on the job.
- Guide and train other team members.
- Improvement the development process.
- University degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Application development (preferably with MFC)
- User Interface design
- Network programming
- Concurrency and inter-process communication
- Integration, compilation and building of 3rd party software
- Programming language and tools knowledge:
- C and C++11
- Visual Studio
- Batch Scripting
- Version control software (preferably git)
- Scripting language (preferably Python)
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus:
- Windows User Mode Driver Development
- Development under Linux
- Continuous Integration system (preferably Jenkins)
- Project management
- Used to working independently.
- Flexible team player with the ability and motivation to work as part of a small team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and the corresponding local language.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.