Do you like to gain insight into a broad range of industrial products? Do you love to be the technical interface between a client’s engineering team and our R&D department?
Field Application Engineer
Toradex ( http://www.toradex.com ) is a 14 year old, fast growing company which has preserved its start-up spirit throughout all teams while providing a professional work environment. Our main products are ARM® processor-based System on Modules (SoMs) which we combine with a high-quality Linux and Windows Embedded Compact Board Support Package (BSP).
This position at Toradex is a great opportunity for an intrinsically motivated engineer who prefers to be the technical interface between a client’s engineering team and our R&D department.
You may be well suited for this position if you enjoy digging into complex problems while still maintaining a holistic view, mastering both embedded hardware & software. Paired with good communication skills, this position will enable you to assist hundreds of customers to develop products based on the latest technologies.
- Provide Engineering Support to our fast-growing customer base in Europe
- Support our Sales and Development Teams
- Customers across all industry sectors
- Global Product Development Teams
- Key Account Managers at Toradex AG
- Head of Sales Toradex AG in Horw, Switzerland
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interface with customers at the evaluation and design stages and assist them in becoming comfortable with Toradex Computer on Modules
- Analyze customer requirements and develop a range of conceptual solutions including high level system architectures
- Resolve customer issues in collaboration with the development team
- Promote superior technical values of Toradex products
- Support local Marketing activities such as localized documentation, webinars, participation at exhibitions and customer visits
Desired Candidate Profile
- Passionate about integrating Toradex technologies in new customer products
- Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
- High-integrity, honest, open, team player, self-motivated and consummate professional
- Excellent communication skills
- English language skills in reading/writing/speaking comparable to Level C1 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Desired Technical Skills
- Detailed experience in ARM computer systems
- Software and hardware debugging skills
- Ability to understand hardware schematics and datasheets
- Understanding I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/Ethernet or other industrial interfaces
- Good knowledge of Embedded Linux.
Experiences with other embedded operating systems like Windows CE, Android or other RTOS are an advantage.
- Knowledge of BSP and OS Driver concepts
- Experience in C/C++/C#/JAVA programming
- Proven knowledge of computer architectures and GUI frameworks
Please apply at:
Herr Stephan Dubach