At Expedia, our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. With over $70BN in gross sales in the past 12 months alone, we are operating at a massive scale; data and analytics is naturally at the heart of everything we do.
Do you want to work in a best in class analytics team that has access to cutting edge tools and technology? Are you looking for a diverse international function to work in? Are you looking to move into a business that offers a wide range of developing career paths for you? We need curious, data driven analytical thinkers with a relentless drive for learning and improvement to join our rapidly growing team.
As the Analyst, Competitive Intelligence you will be working as part of the industry leading Analytics and Revenue Management org, supporting our Lodging business. The role is based in Geneva and serves a critical aim of shaping the organization's efforts to improve supply breadth and quality. You will report to the Manager, Competitive Intelligence Operations.
Business Analyst - Competitive Intelligence
The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must have excellent analytical aptitude, great communication skills as well as be able to work well under pressure. Delivering high quality outputs while meeting ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints is key.
- Create information flows to support business execution
- Drive data collection, scheduling and quality control to build up database of competitive position
- Develop systems and processes to monitor price and supply competitiveness through data sourced from external vendors
- Develop new business processes for obtaining market intelligence, working with external parties where appropriate
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
- Proactively analyze information to help navigate the business
- Design models to solve business problems and, where appropriate, manage integration of the insights into regular reporting by the development team
- Be aware of micro and macro-economic trends and their impact on the business
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data interpretation and visualization
- Help drive business impact through analytical guidance and reporting
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of relevant data sources and business intelligence
- Partner with internal group of customers to understand their business needs
- Establish trust and a collaborative working relationship
- Provide high level of daily customer service as the team's primary liaison to a large (across many countries) group of customers within Expedia's LPS lodging organization
- Partner with internal data teams to identify and resolve data integrity issues
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in a numerical discipline - Business administration, Economics, Operations Research (OR), Mathematics or Engineering preferred.
- 1-4 years experience in an analytical role in a eCommerce, technology company or consulting preferred
- Technical Knowledge
- Ability to convert raw data into impactful reports and insights
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools preferred (Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Analytics experience with extraction and combination of data from databases (SQL, Teradata, Hadoop etc) would be an advantage
- Solving the Problem and Communicating
- Top-class business acumen, analytical rigour, combined with a problem solver mind-set and attention to detail
- Capacity to provide high level of customer service to stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- High level of intellectual curiosity and focus on generating action-oriented business insights
- Excellent understanding of how to effectively visualize highly complex data
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we offer:
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia.com LTD (UK),