The Senior Solution Architect Quantitative Advisory Solutions designs the solution architecture and steers the development team for the implementation of a market leading platform for quantitative investment advice. To meet the requirements of the business, the Senior Solution Architect proposes the design and architecture of the application or its components, investigates and proposes appropriate technologies to be used, creates re-usable frameworks and drives standardisation where possible. Leads delivery of other members of the team and controls their work where applicable.
Defines the optimum architectures of technical solutions and leads technology teams to design, build, test and deliver high quality software solutions to meet business needs. Leads and guides designers and developers in the application of architecture best practice within their solution implementation.
Design technical solutions and develops algorithms for high performance distributed in memory calculations of complex quantitative risk models and financial KPIs.
Designs and develops a loosely coupled component architecture for the various functional components.
Designs the integration architecture for the components.
Where applicable, helps ensure that common data architecture strategies are implemented consistently in projects and initiatives to support proper data management.
Contributes to problem and root cause analysis.
Collaborates with colleagues participating in other stages of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus on delivery.
Experience implementing high performance quantitative Risk Platforms for leading Financial Services institutions.
Strong mathematical and algorithmic skills are key to be effective in this role.
Very strong Software architecture skills and hands on experience with distributed architectures.
Experience with the Google GO programming language
Ability to balance business demands and IT fulfilment in terms of standardisation, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility.
Experience in IT delivery and architecture, application design and programming in a large enterprise working on mission-critical IT systems.
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) – with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineering.
Behaviours and Competencies
There are a number of common behavioural expectations that all experts should demonstrate over and above their technical/specialist contribution. These behaviours are also important for reinforcing our Deutsche Bank Values and Beliefs:
1. Acts as role model for individuals aspiring to follow an expert career path by passionately promoting the merits of expert roles and the contribution of their Profession.
2. Challenges the ‘status quo’ and influences key stakeholders to ensure industry best practice is adhered to within their area of expertise.
3. Mentors individuals across the Bank who wish to follow an expert career path through sharing their experience, expertise and insight.
4. Acts as training ‘faculty’ on key internal technical/specialist development programmes Designs innovative, sustainable solutions which are congruent with the strategic direction of the Bank. Challenges colleagues to do the same, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to deliver potential for higher levels of organisational performance.
5. Builds, captures and manages the transfers of knowledge across the Professional community.
6. Provides Profession Owners with input that shapes the curriculum.
7. Defines and implements best practices, solutions and standards related to their area of expertise.
8. Demonstrates thought leadership through seeking out opportunities to shape the agenda with Regulators, Government Departments and Professional bodies.
9. Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders and clients by articulating the contribution, commercial impact and benefits of expert roles.
Deutsche Bank (Schweiz) AG
Frau Carvalho Cristiana
Rue du Rhône 14
022 739 0622