Senior COBOL Developer and Architect
Your role :
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable COBOL applications? Are you curious by nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- analyze business requirements and design solutions for a complex application using a well-defined software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- improve maintainability through performance optimization in code or SQL statements or by re-designing interfaces to subsystems.
- guide and help the development team in implementation, testing and rollout into production
- make sure our products remain secure, stable and maintainable
- work as part of an onshore development team in Zurich and Basel and collaborate with other global IT teams
Your team :
You'll be working in the Access Management team in Basel or Zurich. We are part of the Identity and Access Management Service Line within Security IT and are responsible for the engineering of the core access ordering and provisioning systems. We are the centre of expertise for authorization and access rights management and provide these as a standardized service to the bank.
Your experience and skills :
- strong skills in architecture and design of large COBOL applications
- experience with modern design patterns such as Web Services / WSDL / XML
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills in reverse engineering of older code bases
- sound knowledge in COBOL and SQL/DB2 design on IBM mainframe environments
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with our global stakeholders
- passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
- confident to take over end to end responsibility for the work delivered by you and your team
- proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Information Technology (IT)