Reserving Actuarial Analyst Centre of Excellence (CoE) 80-100%
In this role based in Zurich you are part of the Centre of Excellence EMEA. The CoE EMEA is responsible for reserving General Insurance business in all European countries.
As a Reserving Actuary in the CoE EMEA your main responsibilities will involve:
Your Skills and Experience As a Reserving Actuary in the CoE EMEA your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Lead and perform actuarial analysis including loss projections, technical reserves calculation for gross and reinsurance layers and cash flow projections.
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance as well as existing regulations.
- Coordinate with finance and accounting to ensure the adequacy of the balance sheet and profit and loss.
- Prepare and communicate the quarterly actuarial reserve report to the regional chief actuary.
- Provide finance, other reserving actuaries, pricing, underwriting and claims with insights into underlying performance and implication for the business.
- Perform deep dive reserving analyses on special portfolios.
Additional Information Primary work location is Zurich. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Emilie Vetter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button "Apply online". Who we are Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit. At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Information for recruitment agencies Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.
- Master Degree in Mathematics or related field.
- Fully qualified actuary (per local society).
- Experience with reserving methods will be an advantage.
- Good data skills. Experience with SAS will be an advantage.
- Good programming skills. Experience with VBA will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines.
- Showing enthusiasm and having positive attitude.
- Very good German and English skills.