Play an active role in shaping our future!
UPC, a leading TV and broadband provider, grants two million households in Switzerland access to the world of entertainment. The company belongs to the Liberty Global Group and inspires and impresses employees and customers alike with innovative products and services. It connects people to the digital world and enables them to discover and experience its endless possibilities
Director Strategy (w/m)
To strengthen our Strategy and Business Development Team in Zurich Wallisellen, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who can begin either immediately or by agreement. In this role you will report directly to the respective executive board member, the Vice President Strategy and Business Development , and will perform the following activities across our Swiss and Austrian businesses:
- Manage a team of 2-3 strategy managers
- Act as deputy for the Vice President on e.g. regular executive board meetings
- Identify major strategic challenges for Liberty Global CH/AT and shape the strategic direction of the business – facilitate corporate strategy definition in close cooperation with the VP Strategy, the Senior Leadership Team and the central Strategy Team
- Initiate and lead major strategic/corporate development programs or initiatives in CH/AT (e.g. investments in sports rights, mobile expansion, Internet of Things)
- Assess the financial impact of major strategic initiatives, develop business models and scenarios, including strategic recommendations
- Manage annual strategic planning cycle:
- Assess major trends and external risks in CH and AT, across the areas of competition, customer needs and behavior, regulation and technology
- Coordinate the planning process across the business units and consolidate the final plan and presentation in close cooperation with Finance
- Act as interface to Liberty Global Group Strategy Team
- University degree on Master Level or equivalent, preferably in business or engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Business Strategy Consulting or Corporate Strategy
- Proven track record of leading high-impact teams
- Proven track record of developing and driving strategies in the cable, telecom and media industry
- Strong presentation skills, able to interact effectively and comfortably with senior management up to regional and global executive board
- Hands-on mentality as well as ability to cope with high pressure assignments and used to meeting strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Able to work in matrix and international organizations
- Proficient level of English a must, fluent German very beneficial
At UPC you will be working in an exciting and dynamic international work environment. We can offer you an attractive salary, good benefits and the opportunity to develop within the company. Take the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the future of television, internet and telephony in Switzerland and Austria. We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application.
For this position we accept applications from agencies.