Help us shape the future of banking.
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading Fintech company. Avaloq is the only independent provider for the financial industry to both develop and operate its own software. Headquartered in Switzerland and with branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide, the company employs more than 2,200 highly qualified banking and IT specialists and has a global customer base of more than 155 financial institutions.
For more information, please visit www.avaloq.com
Business Analyst Accounting
For the further development of our software components in the area of accounting, we are looking for a motivated business analyst with experience in accounting and banking, who is interested in software development and ready to take on new challenges.
As a member of the development team Accounting, Legal Reporting, Cost&Fee and Compliance you are part of a dynamic group that is responsible for accounting related functionalities covered by the Avaloq Banking Suite. Tasks range from incorporating accounting standards such as IFRS or US GAAP to fund administration and trust accounting. Furthermore the team is owner of Swiss legal reporting, cost accounting and MIS topics including respective interfaces to third party systems. During your daily work, you are in the specialist lead for development in topics mentioned above. Your contact with industry experts, external partners and customers constantly challenges you to improve your knowledge of the software you create and the business which it covers.
Together with our software developers you analyse customer requirements and drive the design of new functionalities or the enhancement of existing features. Besides your main focus on accounting functionality development, you also have the chance to support development in other areas in the company or to work on interdisciplinary innovation projects.
- Analyse and challenge banks’ requirements in the accounting area with respect to the applicable accounting standards
- Compose and implement specifications together with software engineers
- Pro-active monitoring of changes in accounting standards within our main markets
- Consulting for banks’ accounting implementation projects, from just a day to longer activities
- Business support of our sales department for sales workshops
- Provide support for business questions relating to the team’s functionality
- Testing and quality assurance for newly implemented and existing functionality
- Maintain and document solutions together with software engineers
- Coaching of users and implementation partners
University or FH degree in banking, business or equivalent (e.g. chartered accountant, “Experte in Rechnungslegung und Controlling”)
Professional experience & skills
- Profound and conceptual know-how in accounting preferably in the banking field (e.g. Swiss banking regulations, IFRS, HGB, US GAAP)
- Several years of experience in the respective field
- Ability to understand, abstract and specify banking processes and requirements
- No software development knowledge required, but technical affinity strongly recommended (e.g. former “super user”, activities for an implementation project…)
- Independent, proactive and systematic working approach
- Open minded and team oriented
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Good command of English and German
Main place of work
Do you want to apply your knowledge in a professional and dynamic environment? Solve challenging tasks as part of a highly qualified team? Flexible working hours, a high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work culture await you.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact
Avaloq Evolution AG
Only direct applications will be considered for this position
Avaloq Evolution AG
Frau Magdalena Smilowska