SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Using its experience and expertise, "The Art & Science of Risk", SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk - in Life & Health insurance as well as in P&C insurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
SCOR's aim, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
ICT System Engineer Workplace
The ICT System Engineer Workplace is a member of the global IT Infrastructure department and responsible for designing the architecture of our Windows digital workplace in regard of security, cloud integration and deployment. You shall manage our main tools like Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) and Windows Defender ATP. To excell in this position, excellent ability to solve problems and using in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions is required. Further more, maintaining our automation with PowerShell scripts and providing 2nd level support to our helpdesk builds another responsibility among many others of this interesting role.
Key duties and responsibilities
Specific role: Workplace Deployment and Security / Operating Systems
- Development, implementation and operation of enterprise solutions, based on Microsoft Windows
- Provide and maintain a globally consistent workplace environment
- Provide and maintain our workplace antivirus solution
- Provide and maintain updates of scripting frameworks
- Provide and maintain a globally consistent security perimeter (internally as well as externally)
- Global software distribution for all workplaces and VDI
- Provide and maintain a monitoring for all systems in scope
- Provide 2nd level support to our IT Support and other IT pillars and act as a relay for any 3rd party escalations to external service providers
Required experiences, compentencies and educational background
- Several years of working experience with main focus on Windows workplace in general and operating systems in particular required
- Several years of working experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Able to set meaningful priorities (availability of systems & services have always the highest priority) and remaining resistant in stressful situations
- Has competence, expertise and in depth technology / product knowledge and stays abreast in regards to its evolvement
- Able to analyze problems and resolve them, alone and in collaboration with other teams
- Acts as internal knowledge & support center, maintains contact with product manufacturer, tracks the market for changes and improvements
- Actively sharing knowledge within greater IT community including providing and facilitating respective trainings to team members and other internal parties
- Language skills: English on a business proficiency level; good command in German of advantage (local team language)
- Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Windows Defender ATP
- Office 365
- PowerShell Scripting
- Azure AD, AD, DNS, DHCP, CA
- Profound IT knowledge in:
- Managing and secure Windows operating systems experience is mandatory
- Experience in Azure Virtual Desktop (WVD/AVD) desired
- Apps deployment with an enterprise app store
- Apps development knowledge a plus
- Microsoft AD and CA experience
- Cloud broker and ADFS for IAM services experience
- Sound general IT knowledge in network, virtualization, storage, workplace etc.
- Ability to lead, manage and implement global projects, project management certification a plus
Are you ready for an exciting step in your career within a dynamic international environment, in a fast-paced and expanding company offering an open and trustful corporate culture? Yes, then please upload your application containing CV and cover letter here.
Availability: as of 1 November or upon negotiaton
Please note, that applicants must be in possession of an existing valid work permit for Switzerland (or Swiss citizen) in order to be considered.