CSEM is a private research, technology and innovation center specializing in microtechnology, microelectronics, system engineering, and renewable energy systems. It offers its customers and industry partners custom-made innovative solutions. Our strength is the excellence of our people.
To strengthen our activities in packaging and assembly technology in the fields of photonics and life science technologies in the middle of beautiful surroundings in central Switzerland, our team in Alpnach is currently looking for a new colleague.
In an exciting and dynamic environment, you will develop packaging and assembly solutions in cooperation with an interdisciplinary team of colleagues from science and technology. You will be responsible for the design, simulation, construction, and evaluation of packaging solutions for photonics and life sciences in varying fields of applications. Using your skills and taking advantage of the large know-how within CSEM, you have the opportunity to innovate and build new technology platforms for the products of tomorrow. As a solution provider you interface with external contacts and experts such as industrial customers, suppliers, universities, and research organizations. Important responsibilities include project planning with cost estimations and support of project acquisition.
- You have a master's degree in a field relevant for photonics such as microsystems or physics
- As an experienced R&D Engineer you ideally bring professional experience in microsystems packaging and assembly with related machine tools and processes
- Familiarity with optics is a plus
- New ideas and concepts in a dynamic environment inspire you just as much as the development of prototypes from the laboratory to the customer
- You enjoy working in a team and have an independent and creative way of working
- Basic, expandable software knowledge (Python/MATLAB/C/C++) and mechanics/CAD
- Fluency in English is required, German is a plus
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to work with leading Swiss and international companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture. CSEM is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application. Please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) online. Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.