The Application team in IT is looking for an expert who is responsible for protecting, providing for, and progressing the web portal and mobile applications at Cembra Money Bank. Wide range of engineering skills is needed to deploy, operate, refine and eventual peaceful decommission of software services in the bank.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, deployments, monitoring, emergency response, lifecycle and capacity planning of external facing software services in the bank
- Study, analyze and reverse engineer existing or new web based business applications and accountable to deliver continuous improvements
- End to end accountability for the full technology stack of web and mobile applications
- Define measurements for web applications similar to black box testing, recognize patterns with statistical methods and suggest improvements
- Define availability targets, service level objectives, error budgets and how to spend it in order to optimize higher net promotion score and lower total cost of ownership for web based business services
- Being the technical single point of contact to both IT vendors and business users, define and implement defense in depth and graceful degradation principles for mission critical services on the web
- Using automation and software as a way of solving problems that had historically been solved by hand
- Strong reverse engineering skills across different systems on diverse web technologies
- 5 years' experience in system administration or software engineering
- Technical confidence for improvisational thinking in case when operating procedures do not work anymore
- Thinking statistically, rather than procedurally, to uncloak hidden anomalies and suggest long term solutions
- Open-minded personality, team player and the ability to work with 3rd party vendors
- Good communication skills and an open style to provide transparency to management
- English writing & fluency, German is an advantage
Cembra is a leading Swiss provider of financing solutions and services. Our product range includes consumer finance products such as personal loans and auto leases and loans, credit cards and the insurance sold with these products, SME loans, invoice financing as well as deposit and savings products.
We have our headquarters in Zurich-Altstetten and operate across Switzerland through our network of branches, online distribution, as well as credit card partners, independent intermediaries and car dealers.
We have over 1 million customers in Switzerland and employ more than 1,000 people from 40 different countries. In September 2019, we successfully completed our takeover of consumer credit provider cashgate. We have been listed as an independent Swiss bank on the SIX Swiss Exchange since October 2013.
Direct applications only can be considered.