We see a brighter future for the world -and your career. The world is a place of increasingly complex challenges and it's looking to us to solve them. Fortunately, we've got an amazing team of exceptional people on the case. It's people like you that help us manage 40% of the world's energy through our software. When you join us, you'll be inspired to go farther and continually raise the bar of our achievements. Do you have the vision and the ambition for this kind of challenge? Let's do this together .
ROLE SUMMARY / PURPOSE
GE Renewable Energy Hydro Service Engineering team is working on Hydro Turbine and Generator mechanical components for retrofit projects from design to installation & commission following all the warranty period.
Under the responsibility of the Fleet Reliability Operation (FRO) manager, the fleet engineer provides technical support to customer from project execution to after warranty period mainly on transactional project including maintenance & repairs, condition assessments, spares parts, or, potentially on simple retrofit projects, all for Service business with expected cost, quality and schedule. He is responsible for coordination with Product Management, Technology, CoEs, Supply Chain, construction and commissioning and Project Office functions, he ensure the technical choice is made to ensure the total cost and performance of the product is in line with the customer requirements and budget as sold.
The ultimate goal is to give better service to Hydro Customers to ensure satisfaction and growth of GE in this specific market.
Discuss and understand request for quotation's technical requirements with project managers & customers, he is the single point of contact for external customer for his scope:
- Define technical proposal,
- Discuss with subcontractors, site organization to validate the solution & industrial scheme
- Define budget and planning.
Project execution (OTR), Warranty period (POC)
Define, execute, and manage the project execution on all technical aspects from the design up to installation & commissioning at site:
- Be a "single technical face" to the customer - Technical co-ordination and follow-up with the customer or / and internal functions or external partner.
- Responsible to gather all the required information from the Tender phase though structured hand-over meeting.
- Mechanical design of parts / sub assembly following engineering processes & validation steps
- Responsible to provide work packages to the CoE when needed for the project including the client requirements, the interfaces, the planning, the performance, reliability and cost as per his as sold scope.
- Launch RFQ to subcontractor in accordance with internal processes & support from supply chain
- Ensure technical follow up during manufacturing and site works
- Conduct site condition assessment and audit of the existing generator on the unit to support customers on maintenance & repairs operations or before disassembly at site
- Technical support of site teams to answer questions or anticipate problems during site works
- Accept or reject the change in case of deviations from customers requirement and manages changes and issue change orders.
- Propose additional works recommendations upon dismantling and inspections of existing components
- Review and validate site records
- Manage non-conformity and general issues resolution
- Conduct site visits during critical phases of the project
- Support technically site activities, commissioning and test, performance test phases of the prototype
- Manage costs and planning.
- Participate in the project review meetings.
- Accountable for the project risks and opportunities.
- Responsible of monitoring Engineering scope KPI (MM, OTR, NCR)
- Manage Feedback of Experience of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electro mechanical engineering or equivalent knowledge with significant experience in hydro generator business;
- Significant experience in managing in a global matrix Environment;
- Strong communication and project management skills;
- Pro-activeness, creativity, sense of urgency, autonomy;
- Ability to interact with various functions;
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills;
- Team-player, positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs;
- Ability to travel regularly;
- fluent English and German (speaking and writing);
- Capacity to identify commercial opportunities;
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Valuable experience in generators mechanical engineering and assembly method
- Knowledge of calculation methods related to the strength of materials, finite element simulation, metallurgy and welding processes are added value for the job
- Knowledge of CAD tools: 2D Autocad Mechanical
- Spanish and French is a plus.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.