AFRY is an international engineering, design and advisory company. We support our clients to progress in sustainability and digitalisation. We are 17,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy, operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for future generations.
Become a part of AFRY Advanced Modelling & Simulation (AMS), focusing on innovation and development of engineering simulation solutions and data analytics. AFRY AMS Zurich provides simulation (0-1D system-scale, CFD, fire analysis, structural mechanics, etc.) consulting services in key business sectors: Energy, infrastructure and industry. The team develops and maintains its own tools, besides using state-of-the-art commercial solutions. We are seeking a project engineer in simulation (participating to data analytics) to take projects of various nature and complexity.
Join us and take charge as:
PROJECT ENGINEER SIMULATION & DATA ENGINEERING 80-100% (f/m/d) - ZURICH
- Execute simulation projects of different nature (e.g. water, hydro, buildings, energy and processes), incl. reporting and client contact
- Participate with the code developments within projects and with our in-house tools (C++, Python, etc.)
- Participate in maintaining and operating the simulations platforms used by the team
- Must have: a master’s degree in mechanical engineering, Applied Mathematics / Computational Science
- Background: sound knowledge in one or more of the following fields: in fluid mechanics (multiphase flow is a plus), thermodynamics, convective heat transfer, etc.
- Very good skills in programming, preferably in C++, Python. Interest in Data Science is a plus
- Knowledge of code repository workflows (e.g. git), code development with Agile practices is desirable
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems or Linux based HPC environments is a plus
Become part of the AFRY success story! We offer creative freedom and personal responsibility, a supportive and international working environment, up-to-date employment terms, flexible working arrangements, above-average perks, attractive development opportunities and modern office buildings in central locations.
We look forward to hearing from you!
AFRY is committed to creating an inclusive & diverse environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, or age. You will be part of a global and diverse company where our differences are our strengths. Join us to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society.