The traffic person is in charge of logistics, finance, hedging, documentation, insurance and related matters. The traffic person works closely with the team colleagues in the department and liaises with people in other departments.
Traffic Team Member
Traffic Team Member
Work with leaders in your field every day.
Glencore is one of the world's largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. Our operation comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities - supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries. We employ approximately 146,000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
Zinc/Copper Department Baar, Switzerland
The traffic person is in charge of logistics, finance, hedging, documentation, insurance and related matters and works closely with the team colleagues in the department as well as with people in other departments and field offices.
The position encompasses the following tasks:
- Logistics Vessel chartering or container shipments in co-operation with our
chartering team, organizing rail, truck and air transport or releasing of material in warehouse
- Bank contacts - Letters of Credit (L/Cs) Opening of and checking of L/C's for our suppliers and receivers, requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Hedging Calculation of metal quantities and foreign currency amounts to be priced.
- Contact to clients/field offices Correspondence on availability of material in production, transit and in stock; documentation, invoicing, payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Contact to supervision companies and laboratories Give full and detailed instructions to perform a proper supervision job as well as instructions for assaying and umpire
- Insurance Insuring risks of each transport as well as material in storage
- Internal tasks Email exchange and direct contact with traders for the execution of the contracts. Issuing profit and loss calculations and controlling of client exposures. Dealing with accounting in regards to bookings, account reconciliation, monthly closing tasks and file liquidation
DIVERSIFIED - DEDICATED - DRIVEN apply now www.glencore.com/careers
We look for candidates with .
a sound educational background (commercial apprenticeship or bachelor)
2 - 4 years of working experience, ideally in commodity export/logistics
excellent English skills (spoken and written), further languages are of advantage
The ideal candidate
a team player with an independent and flexible work attitude
ready to adapt to international practices
efficient and well-organized working skills
good know-how in using IT applications (MS
Office, Business Objects)
- a person who thinks and acts maturely and is able to take responsibility will fit in well with our multicultural and entrepreneurial as well as performance driven environment
Glencore International AG
Herr Jeremias Davaz