Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking
environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international
financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset
manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality
are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.J. Safra Sarasins most valuable capital is its employees. They
are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional
qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Groups clients, management and business partners. The
success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.Business
UnitResearch & SustainabilityFunction/PositionForeign Exchange Strategist/EconomistLocationZurichFunction/Position
objectivesAs our Foreign Exchange Strategist you develop currency forecasts and strategies for major developed markets
as part of the economic and strategy research team. You enhance and develop quantitative tools and contribute strategic
views that are crucial for the investment process. Furthermore, you publish foreign exchange strategy research notes
and presentations that are the basis of the House View. With your entrepreneurial spirit you make best use of the
flexible research environment to produce best in class research applicable both by internal and external
- Analyse and forecast developments in major foreign exchange rates.
- Prepare input on major foreign exchange rate forecasts and selected economies for the Investment Committees of the
- Collaborate intensely with the other economists and strategists of the team to develop foreign exchange strategies
in line with the economic scenario of the Bank.
- Write analytical client publications on foreign exchange markets, thematic topics and asset allocation.
- Prepare and give presentations of BJSS House View and communicate strategy to internal and external clients; hold
regular conference calls.
- Develop foreign exchange valuation models and scorecards.
- Master in economics, econometrics or finance, PhD and/or CFA is a plus.
- Minimum of three years experience as an analyst/in an applied research function with a special interest and affinity
to the foreign exchange markets.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Team-oriented and client focused working approach. Ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Interest in development and innovation. Strong commitment, resilience and flexibility.
- Fluency in English; German and French is a strong plus.
Activity rate100%Please send your application to:Only direct applications will be considered.