AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. Together with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pharmacyclics, AbbVie employs more than 29,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. At the Swiss Branch in Baar (ZG) you will found around 150 enthusiastic employees.
Compliance Manager (m/f)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Compliance Manager Switzerland is a leader in the local Affiliate and reports through the AbbVie Office of Ethics & Compliance Organization. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and direct oversight for AbbVie’s compliance program and is part of the local Affiliate Management Team.
Your main focus will be:
- Create a best-in-class compliance program in partnership with the Compliance Steering Committee (CSC) to support AbbVie’s business in Switzerland and act as the Leader for the Affiliate CSC Meetings
- Provide guidance and support on national industry codes and regional/international industry codes (e.g., IFPMA), government regulations including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other initiatives sponsored by the Office of Ethics & Compliance
- Provide guidance on proposed Affiliate programs, tactics and strategies, identifies basic legal, regulatory or other relevant issues and refers matters to respective departments, analyzes alternatives and proposes solutions to the business
- Perform compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and provides and implements best practices recommendations
- Implement, manage and interpret compliance policies, procedures and practices.
- Contributes to the Global compliance program by developing, implementing and managing initiatives across multiple geographies
- Develop, implement, and coordinate awareness, education and training programs that focus on the elements of the Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures and applicable industry codes and regulations
- Organize and maintain ethics and compliance records, documents and files and document databases
- Participate in local Industry group meetings, when applicable, identifying changes and trends in the external environment, communicating them to the CSC and the OEC Area Director, and implementing necessary changes
- Develop, implement, modifies and oversees the execution of the Affiliate monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop, implements, modifies and executes Affiliate non-RCI (reportable compliance incident) Internal Investigations’ Procedures and leads internal investigations, communicating with AbbVie Internal Investigations as necessary
- Assist Affiliate with compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors’ requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on-site activities, evaluates and responds to all basic and routine preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address basic and routine findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion.
- Partners with peers in other geographies to advance the Global compliance program
In this role you are reporting to the Regional OEC Director.
- University degree in Legal and/or Finance, Audit, Business
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, finance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs within industry. Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Ability to work in multicultural cross-functional teams
- Ability to meet tight timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships in matrixed work environment
- Customer orientation
- Strong business acumen with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mindset
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, including fluent command of German and English (additional European Languages are a big plus)
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills and counseling abilities
Are you interested?
Please upload your application using the following link: