Play an active role in shaping our future!
UPC, a leading TV and broadband provider, grants two million households in Switzerland access to the world of entertainment. The company belongs to the Liberty Global Group and inspires and impresses employees and customers alike with innovative products and services. It connects people to the digital world and enables them to discover and experience its endless possibilities.
Sourcing Manager (100 %)
Sourcing Manager (100 %)
To strengthen our Procurement team in Wallisellen, we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic team player who can start from January 2018 in the role as Sourcing Manager. In this role you will be performing the following tasks:
- sourcing of commodities within the categories marketing, contact centres, handsets and B2B services for the UPC entities in Switzerland and Austria
- secure and optimize the availability of products and services in your responsibility to the best available market prices and commercial conditions
- prepare and manage tenders (RFI, RFQ, RFP) in close collaboration with all relevant requesters, business units and the Liberty Global Procurement community
- define pricing models by taking into account all relevant cost elements (TCO), optimization of cost structures to gain substantial values for the organisation and group
- lead best practice negotiations for the acquisition of the commodities aligned with the sourcing strategies jointly agreed with the management, local and group stakeholders
- benchmark systematically cost and delivery performance, do risk management of international and local providers, means proactive supplier management across different commodities and regions
- implement contracts and ensure its effective management and follow up, e.g. supplier agreements, SAP contracts, purchasing info records, master data
- Higher educational degree and at least 5 years work experience in a multinational company, ideally in the telecommunication industry
- demonstrated experience in managing sourcing projects and implementation of sourcing strategies for different spend categories over a sustained period
- experience in the sourcing categories marketing, mobile devices and consumer goods as well as experience in negotiation in cross functional teams
- Ability to cope with high pressure assignments and meeting deadlines and targets in a positive spirit
- Excellent level of German and English
We are looking forward to receive your application in English.
At UPC you will be working in an exciting and dynamic international work environment. We offer an attractive salary, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to develop further within the company. Take this opportunity to play an active and exciting role in shaping the future of television, internet and telephony in Switzerland. We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application.