- Temporär, Freelance, Festanstellung
Construction, Tajikistan, Tadjikistan
Gruner Ltd. was founded in 1862 in Switzerland. Gruner a highly dynamic and digitalized, international engineering consultancy, specializing in infrastructure, buildings, hydropower and dams, environment, and safety design and planning. Gruner has more than 1100 highly qualified employees in over 30 offices in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Georgia, Turkey, Tajikistan, and Serbia, and is involved in projects worldwide.
Gruner Stucky Ltd., a subsidiary of Gruner Ltd., designs, supervises construction and commissioning of important energy infrastructure all over the world such as dams, hydropower plants, substations and transmission lines.
For a large hydropower and dam project in Tajikistan Gruner Stucky provides as the Design Consultant for an EPC Contractor design and site supervision services. The team permanently located on site oversees supervision over the civil work’s conformance to the Design Consultant’s design. Thus, the Site Team has a key role in guaranteeing and enforcing the correct implementation of the Design Consultant’s design on site.
For supporting our Site Team in its site supervision tasks Gruner Stucky intends to hire a skilled Senior Resident Dam/Monitoring Engineer 100%, which could be mobilized to site in Tajikistan.
The Senior Resident Dam/Monitoring Engineer is a key member of the Design Consultant’s Site Team and is in charge to ensure the implementation of the monitoring design, review and assess the monitoring data on a continuous basis, document the dam’s behavior by means of Monthly Monitoring Reports.
The main tasks are as follows:
- Being an active key member of Gruner Stucky’s Site Team;
- Monitoring of the project development and preparation of specific documentation related to the technical follow-up on site (e.g. Site Instructions, Weekly Reports, Monthly Meetings);
- Proactive coordination with the Project Manager, Technical Site Office Manager/Chief Resident Engineer (CRE) as well as the design team at the home office;
- Follow-up of and support for installation, calibration and operation of various dam monitoring equipment, e.g. benchmarks, piezometers, pressure cells, optical fiber leakage detection, thermocouples, jointmeters, strain gauges;
- Continuous assessment of monitoring results, managing and preparation of corresponding daily as well as monthly reporting;
- Presentation of monitoring data and assessments to the Contractor, the Employer and Employer's Representative (ER);
- Close collaboration and coordination with the Contractor’s Representatives on site and orderly follow-ups to their technical needs;
- Follow-up of site supervision activities to confirm and validate construction drawings assumptions on site and consider required modifications arising during execution of the works and/or as requested by the Contractor.
- Open mind and enthusiasm about hydropower and dams as well as project execution works;
- Higher professional degree in civil engineering (B.Sc. or higher);
- Hydropower background and more than 10 years’ work experience in site supervision for larger embankment dams (preferably ECRD) on behalf of a design consultant;
- Experience in client interaction and capability to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to live and work on site in Tajikistan (Contractor’s facilities);
- Excellent report writing, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English, Russian and/or Italian are an advantage.
You will be part of a dynamic, highly skilled and multi-disciplinary team of experts thriving to achieve successful design and construction of a very challenging hydropower project, which is crucial for the sustainable development of a whole region. In addition to the technically stimulating environment, Gruner Stucky offers excellent working conditions for its staff on the various construction sites, incl. accommodation, boarding, regular leaves, insurance cover.