Corporate Treasury Controller (M/F/D)
Clariant is a focused, sustainable, and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 3.8 billion in sales for its continuing businesses, harnessing the talents of its 13 000 employees across 40+ countries. Clariant's portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus on three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources. We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing an inspiring environment for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
Corporate Treasury Controller (M/F/D)
Job ID: 36781 | Location: Pratteln, Canton of Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland
Clariant's Group Treasury enables our international group of companies to achieve its goals by providing liquidity and capital, ensuring that our organization has adequate financial resources to meet our ongoing commercial requirements and pursue opportunities. We also support our businesses by managing foreign exchange, interest rate and liquidity risks, debt and investments, and banking relationships. It is an exciting time to join our Group Treasury team as we continue to embark on Treasury transformation initiatives to further upgrade our technologies via automation and digitalization to enhance our value proposition to the group. Reporting to the Head of Treasury Controlling & Cash Management, we are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Corporate Treasury Controller (M/F/D) to join our Group Treasury team based at our global headquarters in Pratteln (BL), Switzerland. The role will be responsible for the following areas:
- Monthly financial reporting of cash and debt positions, financial results, and foreign currency (FX) results as well as year-end preparation of treasury notes in the annual report
- Monitor interest rate and FX risk in close partnership with Treasury Front-office. Responsible for FX exposure (transaction and translation) measurement and analysis. Team member in the various decision boards for risk and hedging strategy
- Monitor internal and external financing structures, counterparty risks and credit ratings
- End to end controlling of Treasury transactions to ensure execution, recording, accounting, and documentation of the transactions are in compliance with internal controls
- Ownership of the FX and interest rates in SAP TRM for the Group's reporting needs and ensuring their timely availability
- Set up hedge accounting which includes back testing and documentation
- Controlling and reporting for the Swiss Pension Fund and act as a backup for cash management related tasks for the pension fund (payments execution, monitoring and controlling of asset allocation, adherence to rules and policies)
- Review and ensure global compliance with Treasury policies and SOPs including recommending and implementing best practices
- Maintain an up-to-date bank signatory list for the Group's banks and bank accounts
- Contact person for both internal and external audit involving Treasury topics
- Manage interfaces with various stakeholders including Treasury Front-office and Back-office, Accounting, Controlling, Tax, Investor Relations, IT and Global Business Service
- Key user for SAP TRM and SAP add-on CIM (Corporate Investment Manager) including proper internal controls setup, customization, testing and training
- Involvement in various Treasury transformation projects
- Project support for various M&A carve-out transactions.
- University degree or equivalent education in Accounting, Finance or Economics. A relevant Treasury or Finance professional qualification such as the Swiss Certified Treasurer, ACT Diploma in Treasury or CFA is a very strong advantage
- At least 5 years of Treasury experience within an international group, preferably within a Group or Regional Treasury function and working with shared services teams and local Finance
- Experienced in financial asset management, financial and capital markets and in financial instruments
- Experienced in treasury-related accounting, reporting and analysis, especially on hedge accounting
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, including the ability to interpret numbers and provide insights
- Proficiency in ERP and TMS, ideally SAP S4 Hana and TRM applications. Experience in Bloomberg/Reuters is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of Power BI
- Good reporting skills, especially in the preparation of management reports, dashboards and KPIs
- Proven project management and stakeholder management skills.
Required Soft Skills:
- Proficiency (verbal and written) in English and German being a very strong advantage
- Strong growth mindset with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and develop new competencies with a self-starter attitude
- A strong change agent with a team player attitude who uses effective communication and interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- We ensure a highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment
- You will have outstanding influence on daily activities and tasks, with full responsibility for projects assigned
- We offer an attractive and performance-based remuneration and provide the benefits of a modern global company
- We will support your development needs with tailored, individual trainings
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
Phone: +49 69 3058 0668
Clariant is a focused, sustainable and innovative specialty chemical company based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2021, Clariant totaled a staff number of 11 537 and recorded sales of CHF 4.372 billion in the fiscal year for its continuing businesses. The company reports in three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources. Clariant's corporate strategy is led by the overarching purpose of 'Greater chemistry - between people and planet' and reflects the importance of connecting customer focus, innovation, sustainability, and people. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.