Java Software Engineer
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Java Software Engineer
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are currently looking for highly skilled programmers for Market Data Group from junior to senior level with an affinity and liking for Mathematics and passion for high-quality software engineering
- The team is responsible for developing and improving system for market data quotas distribution. It includes market data configuration, billing and reporting to exchanges, Web UI for internal and external systems.
- With the changing face of the Trading World, we need to support updated requirements from exchanges and market regulators.
- This position is critical to the growth of our business. It is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of both brokerage activities as well as to extend expertise in developing large-scale and real-time database systems.
- Duties for this position will include the design, development (full development life cycle), and support of Core Java / J2EE applications and database models. We require a person that is highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
- Managing and “owning” significant development tasks end-to-end (from business requirements analysis to 3rd level production support)
- Demonstrating excellent collaboration skills in working closely with other development teams to roll-out important changes and applications
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers to ensure correctness, efficiency, readability, and conformity with best practices
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance
- Writing and maintaining design and engineering documentation
- At least an apprenticeship in IT or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- At least three years of Java programming experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java Core and J2EE development (including experience in Front End and Back End development.)
- Experience with Web or Application servers (JBoss, Tomcat etc.) .
- Good knowledge of data structures, Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, UML
- Knowledge of base algorithms, design patterns and Functional Programming concept
- Good knowledge of relational Databases with hands on experience with Oracle and PL/SQL .
- Knowledge of data exchange formats like XML, JSON etc.
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Unix Shell)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong skills in testing, debugging, profiling and monitoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance based cash bonus and stock grant
- Hybrid work model
- Daily company-paid lunch. Fruit and snack options throughout the day