Basel Area Business & Innovation is the investment and innovation promotion agency dedicated to helping companies, institutions and startups find business success in the Basel Area. The organization targets and at-tracts companies to settle, supports founders of innovative ventures, and drives high growth initiatives in order to establish the region as the Swiss business and innovation hub of the future. The non-profit agency focuses on growing the area’s cutting-edge industries life sciences, healthcare and production technologies and man-ages the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area, which houses the organization’s accelerator programs. The agency serves the cantons of Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt and Jura.
We are looking for a motivated and flexible person to join our Marketing & Communications team, beginning August 2022 or by arrangement as
Intern Marketing 100%
In this role, you support the Manager Marketing in planning and implementing marketing and communication activities to promote the Basel Area as hub for innovation and entrepreneurship and for raising awareness and visibility of our programs and initiatives.
- Support marketing campaign planning and marketing and communication projects in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Together with the “Intern Social Media and Content Creation” help manage our social media platforms and write copy for social media posts
- Assist in the content creation and design of marketing materials, including flyers, newsletters, banners and videos
- Lead website updates and support with SEO for innovation websites
- Independent execution of projects
- Coordinate with suppliers, agencies and other partners
- Submit materials and information to partners
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist with the organization of media work and event communication
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives
- Help pull together presentations and monthly reports for the Manager Marketing
- Help coordinate newsletters for our initiatives
- Serve as deputy in the case of vocational absences of the “Intern Social Media and Content Creation”
- Ongoing education or completed certificate/degree in business administration, marketing or communications
- Professional experience in the area of marketing and communications
- Experience in managing projects and online marketing would be a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office, experience with Wordpress and modern web tools would be a plus
- Interest in innovation and entrepreneurship topics
- Proactive and communicative can-do attitude with strong sense of initiative and ability to grasp new concepts quickly; structured, target-oriented and independent approach to work
- Extremely organized, used to work in a fast paced environment, problem solving competencies
- Service orientated, creative and curious mindset with an affinity for design
- Business fluency in English, ideally fluent in German and French
You work in a supportive team of experienced marketing and communication professionals. You can work at our modern office in the city center of Basel as well as remotely.
The duration of this internship is limited to 1 year.
Please send your application to: email@example.com