SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. With more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise we offer a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone's life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
Sustainability Expert* for our Business Unit Pharma
Our Business Unit Pharmaceutical Systems is one of the world's leading manufacturers of pharmaceutical primary packaging and analytical lab services. More than 600 production lines in 13 countries worldwide produce more than 10 billion syringes, vials, ampoules, cartridges, and special articles of tubing glass or polymer.
Be the one who helps us drive change to a minimized environmental footprint and maximized social impact.
Aligned with our Corporate Strategy, we are currently expanding our team with regard to sustainability. In this newly developed role, you are responsible for the development and operation of processes and tools that enable sustainability performance quantification and optimization of our products and solutions in the Business Unit along their life cycle. The position can be located either in St. Gallen or Mainz, Germany (hybrid working model 3+2). Regular travel between both sites is a Must.
- You are responsible for Product Footprint Calculations and secure consistency and quality of data collection
- You develop an annual sustainability reporting in compliance with international standards, guidelines, and
- frameworks with external consulting support
- You support the organization in assessing opportunities for decarbonization and definition/ monitoring of
- quantitative targets
- You interact with customers to ascertain their sustainability-related needs
- You communicate with suppliers to promote progress on sustainability objectives along our supply chain
- You monitor globally applicable sustainability laws/ regulations/ standards and translate them into actions
- University degree in relevant fields
- Ideally additional qualifications in sustainability, non-financial reporting, or climate accounting
- Work experience in a sustainability or ESG related role, ideally with responsibility for quantifying sustainability
- by e.g. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) or Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accounting
- Ability to drive cross-functional topics in a matrix organization environment
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ideally, you have a personal network in sustainability-related topics
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees are the condition for the success of our company.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application in either English or German: SCHOTT Schweiz AG, Human Resources, Monika Wohlfarth+496131663723
*At SCHOTT, it's your personality that counts - not your gender, your identity, or origin.