Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world.
Manager EHSS&S (m/f/d)
Reporting to the Director EHSS&S Eastern Hemisphere, the EHSS&S Manager will provide tactical and strategic direction for the organization and will sit on the Senior Leadership Team for Switzerland.
Furthermore, the Manager will coordinate countrywide with stake holders to create new environmental, health and safety, security and sustainability standard operating procedures (SOP), where necessary, and maintain existing SOPs in accordance with the company-wide Compliance leadership team for EHSS&S.
The position will be based in Dietikon or Schlieren with approximately 30% travel time in Switzerland and occasionally across Europe.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and develops topics in accordance with the Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, and Sustainability (EHSSS&S) organization for Switzerland.
- Serves as EHSS&S point of contact for government, customer and internal safety audits.
- Supports introduction and monitoring of full-spectrum EHS processes for all Avantor businesses, including Manufacturing, Production, Distribution, Analysis Laboratories and Services.
- Consulting on risk assessment (planning, implementation, and operations) for all site locations.
- Manages incident investigations.
- Collects, evaluates, and documents best-practices Switzerland wide and introduces them as appropriate for regional and international business operations.
- Develops, maintains and coordinates the (standardized) Audit program Switzerland wide; aligns with the overall European organization for ISO certification (45001, 14001, 9001)
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates the audit set-up for all off-site processes regarding internal VWR/Avantor procedures
- Functions as a Senior Auditor/Lead Auditor according to the standards OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001, ISO 14001.
- Supports the Security organization to assess the security risks of the operations.
- Supports the Director of EHSS&S to drive improvement by developing and providing leadership, training, and resources for EHSS&S. Key aims include achieving optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Site EHSS&S Managers, the site management and the EHSS&S management to support environmental-friendly, sustainable and social behavior.
- Supports the EHSS&S organization to collaborate with cross-functional teams and plan for and respond to emergencies including labor interruptions, pandemics and other business interruptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in sciences, occupational safety or related fields
- Appropriate EHS Certification: Spezialist/*in für Arbeitssicherheit und Gesundheitsschutz mit eidgenössischem Fachausweis
- Years of experience within a global, matrix organization in a similar role
- Languages: Swiss, English business level, any other European language a bonus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturing, production, distribution, analysis laboratories and services businesses general and chemical industry
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Working knowledge: ISO requirements, Swiss /European occupational health and safety legislation, local governing agencies
- Experienced auditor (ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001) in international settings
- Willingness to travel regularly, also internationally (estimated at 30% of the time across Switzerland and occasionally across Europe)
- Commitment and enthusiasm are reflected in your goal-oriented and ambitious way of working
- Team-oriented network of colleagues in a modern working environment
- Attractive and performance-oriented compensation
- Interesting, varying and independent activity
- Professional on-the-job training
Dominik Kalthof, Talent Acquisition Partner