To complement its growing team, we are looking for an Office Manager (80%). The successful candidate will support the success of the company by owning everything relating to the facility in which we work. Do you practice your profession with heart & passion and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment with many different tasks and responsibilities? If all this applies to you, we have a versatile challenge to offer in a dynamic, innovative, and international environment with lots of room for your own initiative.
Office Manager (80%)
Application in English or German.
Only direct applications are considered.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big-box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL Giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Primary contact for anything related to the facility including maintenance and employee requests.
- Take ownership of the facility-related tasks and responsibilities, including management of external service providers (e.g. cleaning) badge management, etc.
- Ensure proper layout and effective use of workspaces, including furniture management, security procedures / Drive special office projects. and find new solutions to ensure a pleasant working environment for our staff.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new procedures/guidelines.
- Order office supplies, coffee, and food items.
- Own and maintain office furniture inventory and orders.
- Planning, organization, and execution of team events.
- Help us find a new location and coordinate the office move project expected end of 2022 – ideally drive that project.
- Provide input to office management budget.
- Provide assistance for other administration functions (e. g. HR, Finance).
- Specific project-related responsibilities depending on skills and inclination.
What you bring
- Administration-based qualification (e.g. KV).
- A minimum of 1-2 years of administrative and office management experience.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Fluent in German and good communication skills in English.
Who you are
- Very good team player with a pro-active mindset, hands-on with a can-do mentality.
- Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changes and work in a fast-paced environment.
- A good level of creativity and motivation. You take initiative, like to come up with new ideas, and execute them.
- You have a customer and team-oriented personality with an independent and reliable way of working.
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skills and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch