The Schaffhausen Institute of Technology (SIT) is a research-led institution located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Founded by world-renowned entrepreneurs, led by leading scientists and researchers, SIT's mission is to train the next generation of global leaders, solve some of the world's biggest problems with science, and transform the future.
SIT provides research, knowledge, and education in three broad areas of advanced technology: Computer Science, Physics, and Technology Transformation and is comprised of several companies (SIT Alemira, SIT Autonomous, SIT Capital, SIT Programming School, SIT StartGarden)
- Regular booking of Accounts Payables (vendor invoices), Accounts Receivables (customer invoices) into the respective sub-ledgers (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Maintenance of Vendor Master- and Customer Master- files in ERP-Acumatica (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Weekly preparation of payment runs into e-banking tools (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Occasional booking of General Ledger entries (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset subledger (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Booking of monthly payroll-journal provided by external payroll provider (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Accrual Accounting (for several Swiss legal entities).
- Monthly closing of books for several Swiss (and maybe some foreign) legal entities.
- Quarterly preparation of VAT-returns (MWST).
- Assisting in the generation of monthly management reports (for several Swiss legal entities and maybe some foreign legal entities).
- Other ad-hoc tasks when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Accounting
- Fluent in English and German (including knowledge of Accounting terminology)
- Strong Knowledge and Experience in VAT-Reporting (including cross-border transactions and VAT on imported services (Bezugssteuer).
- Experience in using and learning new ERP-systems (in English). We are implementing “Acumatica” (which you most likely do not know yet)
- Diploma in Swiss Accounting Standards is “nice to have, not a must, if knowledge and experience is available.
- Willing to eager to work in a dynamic international team.
- Willing and capable of working in a start-up environment, where not everything is always 100% pre-defined, but flexibility and innovation is required.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Existing working permit to work in Switzerland. Work location is Schaffhausen.
- A benefits package commensurate with experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
What SIT offers
- SIT offers an attractive job in a start-up environment with a competitive salary package
- Opportunity to be part of an international team
- Opportunity to contribute to and participate in the organization of regular events