We are currently looking for a Formulation/Chemical Process Engineer (m/f/d) to join the Formulation & Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
- Provides formulation engineering processing capability to process development, capital projects and manufacturing support projects
- Contributes to the robust scale-up of formulation manufacturing processes from laboratory through to full-scale manufacture
Chemical Process Engineer
- Contributes to the scale-up of formulation processes in the scope of product development projects from lab to full-scale manufacturing, under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Provides formulation engineering capability to technology transfer teams for inter-regional transfer or re-siting of products
- Contributes to the design of pilot plant and full-scale manufacturing trials and provides technical supervision
- Provides formulation process engineering capability during introduction of new products at Syngenta manufacturing sites or at toll manufacturers, and provides on-site technical supervision during the initial manufacturing phase, referring to the Team Leader for guidance
- Delivers elements of the process definition for Crop Protection capital projects, including equipment evaluation and specification, under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Identifies solutions to increase manufacturing capacity, improve quality and / or reduce manufacturing costs at Crop Protection manufacturing sites, and works as a member of the project team to implement these solutions
- BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a production environment or support functions associated, e.g. maintenance, commissioning, plant design, etc.
- Understanding of broad chemical engineering principles and unit operations.
- Capability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business.
- Strong team-worker, with excellent communication and influencing skills and the capacity to work independently.
- Fluent spoken and written English and German.
- Able to spend 10-15% of time on business travel across the year, mostly in Europe and for short duration on each occasion (e.g. few days)
What we offer:
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonusses, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number 18032334.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.