Medical Lead Switzerland
For our customer, a specialty care pharmaceutical company, with its small and growing Swiss subsidiary based in the area of Zug, we are looking for a highly motivated
Medical Lead Switzerland
The Medical Lead CH is accountable to define and execute the overall medical affairs strategy and operational plan for the country within the Global medical affairs framework adapted when needed to local imperatives through high medical expertise, while complying with all laws and codes, by adhering to high ethical and quality standards, with the goal of generating added value for all patients and customers, and thereby contributing to the business success of the company.
The Medical Lead CH has a leadership role sharing responsibility for the development and execution of the Country strategic and operational plans, is involved in the affiliate leadership together with the Country Manager and as Head of the local Medical Affairs team works in close collaboration and in strong alignment with the Medical DACH Team.
Your main tasks
- Create and implement strategic and operational plans in the Swiss market
- Secure the successful execution of the medical strategy
- Overall responsibility for resource allocation and budget control for the Medical Affairs Department
- Perform due medical diligence, ensuring that products retain a positive benefit / risk ratio, unconditionally placing patient safety in the foreground
- Ensure proper life-cycle management for all new and existing products
- Coordinate and supervise technical promotional information, clinical studies and training to commercial representatives ensuring the compliance with our own SOPs, GCP and applicable law.
- Oversee Drug Safety activities in the country
- Updating and maintaining current clinical knowledge and experience
- Activities in Medical Affairs include but are not limited to medical information, medical education, data generation, medical publication and representation, patient safety, KOL management
- Identify and implement post-approval non-registration Clinical Sponsored Studies as well as Investigator Initiated Studies aligned with and in strong collaboration with Medical DACH and Global Medical Affairs
- Ensuring the timely, legally compliant, high-quality performance of all types of studies within the available and agreed budgets
- Manage a small medical Team of field-based MSL and Medical Affairs Managers
- Set-up and follow carefully clear objectives and responsibilities for the team
- Represent the Country Medical Team and company’s medical position to external opinion leaders, medical organizations, Patient organizations and authorities
- Cooperate with colleagues from other departments and the Medical DACH team, in order to build proactive, effective cross-function communication and build possible collaborations externally.
- Provide medical-scientific point of contact for Key Thought Leaders (KTL)
- Masters or PhD in LifeSciences
- Several years’ experience in Pharmaceutical Industry or biotechnology companies in Specialty Care / Oncology business
- Significant experience in Medical Affairs, including design and oversight of Phase IV clinical studies
- Strong scientific knowledge including product, disease, competitive landscape, trials, regulatory, patient safety and medical information
- External stakeholder management (identification, mapping, collaboration & partnership)
- Good capacity of team management focused on people development and responsibility
- Strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and influencing communication skills
- Commitment to innovation and patient-centricity, and capable of driving strategic initiatives around patient centricity
- Fluent in German and English
Susanne Rietiker is looking forward to receiving your application documents (CV, diploma, reference letters; no motivational letter necessary):
- reference number 1918
- by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website www.aurigavision-career.ch
Full discretion is guaranteed and we will gladly answer any additional questions.