We're looking for a IT Systems Engineer at VARO Energy. Hiring with Homerun.
IT Systems Engineer
VARO Energy is an integrated fuel supply company, which refines, stores, blends and distributes oil products for the North West European market. The company owns a refinery in Cressier, Switzerland, a majority share in the Bayernoil refinery, Southern Germany, storage and blending facilities as well as distribution and marketing businesses in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. VARO Energy’s shareholders include private investment company Reggeborgh; Carlyle International Energy Partners, an advisory fund, which is part of the global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group; and international energy and commodities company Vitol.
- Provide 2nd level support on IT infrastructure/ workplace related topics in Switzerland and Germany with the focus on the Cham office (VARO’s Headquarters)
- Provide local support on all IT workplace related matters in the Cham office (preparing workplaces, handing out IT equipment, solving workplace related issues, etc.)
- For all support related matters, work together with the IT Infrastructure team located in Germany, Hamburg
- For all support related matters, liaise between VARO’s Central Servicedesk in Rotterdam (first level support) and VARO’s Global Infrastructure team in Cham (third level support) or liaise with vendors where necessary
- Liaise with the IT Refining team in Switzerland (Cressier) when necessary
- Liaise with the IT Terminals team in Switzerland (Birsfelden) when necessary
- Be able to provide support and project services over multiple ways of communication (phone/ email/ VDI/ Skype/ Webex), besides face-to-face. Use diagnostic techniques and pertinent questioning to get to the bottom of an issue and find the best solution
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process, provide him with accurate information on IT products and services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in the ITSM system
- Follow-up and update customer status and information in the ITSM and towards the customer
- Manage and maintain customer hardware installation and preparation (CMDB as part of the ITSM)
- Help VARO’s Global Infrastructure team in projects which are related to specific Swiss needs
- Run/ be part of IT Infrastructure project for Switzerland