Tecan Trading AG
Product Manager Consumables
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Then look no further and join Life Science Business team at Männedorf, Zürich as
Product Manager Consumables
What you will do
In this role you drive various projects such as marketing campaigns, new product ideas and development, packaging & branding, pricing, sales and margin analysis, marketing collateral and ensure our product quality. In addition you will support divisions to achieve sales and gross profit goals of assigned consumables products to meet targets. The team is an exciting, fast growing unit within Tecan that deals exclusively with consumables. For more information about Tecan Consumables please visit our webpage.
Responsibilities will include
Product Lifecycle Management tasks such as:
- Product life cycle management for consumables products and planned product development projects
- Defining and leading the implementation of product changes
- Provide general support, technical support and advisory services
- Management of complaints, returns and customer feedback
- Lead or participate in the consumable "product care team"
- Optimize profitability (gross margin) of product line (reductions, deletions, changes)
- Share consolidated product feedback information between Product Management, Market Management, the Service team and regional sales organizations
Trend forecasting & Marketing
- Identify new trends and ensure these are being considered for example in new product developments
- Monitor and analyze corresponding competitor products and develop sales arguments and pitfalls for competition
- Prepare and support in trade shows and at sales events.
- Maintain and deliver appropriate marketing campaigns and collateral
- Monitor the KPIs for Consumables products
- Develop tactical marketing activities (Marketing Action Plan) for the products that he/she is responsible for
- Support local sales & marketing activities in the ROs
- Develop pricing strategies for all consumable products as well as contribution to special pricing packages including consumable products
Product development projects
- Identify new business opportunities to propose product extensions or new products and assist Marketing Managers in the conceptual development of new products
- Assist and collaborate with Applications & Solutions in the development of marketing strategies for consumable products that are consistent with corporate objectives
- Ensure the systematic and transparent collection and processing of market and application requirements used as input into product definition
- Completion of the project development deliverables in a timely fashion in order to maintain the project timelines in the context of development projects
- Provide guidance to the project leader and his/her team on the product to be developed to ensure that the required features and target applications are understood by all
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the PM team as well as the appropriate assigned market manager during the product development phase, as appropriate
- Plan, coordinate and manage pre-launch and post launch activities
What you bring along
- Master degree or post graduate certification in Life Science (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry preferred)
- Proven experience in Product management / Sales / Sales & Application support
- Experience and understanding of innovation and product development processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing fundamentals, including product launch & marketing campaign planning
- Experience with plastics manufacturing and/or processes are a plus
- Experience and understanding of regulatory processes and procedures with emphasis on US and Europe are a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from different departments and seniority levels
- Very good project management skills
- Stakeholder management & ability to work and align with cross-functional teams
- Strong team player with solid oral & written communication skills
- Proactive, well organized and able to multi-task
- Eager to learn, explore new ideas & opportunities on a day to day basis
- Excellent English skills are a must. German or any other language would be an asset
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
What you will get
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Global mindset with "Swissness" at heart
- Extremely attractive location overlooking the lake of Zurich
Look no further and apply now!
Join Tecan, a great place to work! Read about our recent certification from Great Place to Work.
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
We will only consider direct applications that fully meet our requirements.
#lifescience #healthcare #automation #medicaldevice #biology #biotechnology #consumables #productmanagement #productowner