Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer - Medical Devices
You will be part of the team developing product solutions for our customers to ensure safe and accurate treatement delivery for each individual patient. This product is seamlessly integrated into the clinical workflow on various treatment platforms to fulfill best our customer needs. Your engineering skills will allow you to contribute in the various activities of the software development process such as analysis, design, planning and testing of new products.
Varian offers a friendly, open and international working environment, continuous education, flexible work time management, competitive salaries and excellent fringe benefits.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong software development background and excellent analytical skills to help us drive the development of our new products.
Are you curious to hear more about the possibility to bring your experience and knowledge into the development of the newest radiation therapy products? Then we would like to talk to you!
- Design, develop and verify new product features for patient specific quality assurance of radiotherapy treatments
- Actively drive the development and integration of new features including algorithms for image processing and analysis
- Actively contribute and enhance the software architecture
- Provide all necessary documentation related to this area of responsibility
- Interest in gathering domain knowledge in the areas of radiotherapy quality assurance and medical image processing
- SW development engineer (M.Sc. level or equivalent)
- Product development experience with Python (7+ years), *NIX environments (5+ years) in relevant industries
- Proficiency with Linux, Git, Jenkins, Makefiles
- Experience in cloud architecture and CI/CD pipelines for cloud deployment
- Fluency in English language, written and verbal
- Willingness to be flexible. As part of a small agile team, you may be asked to contribute to areas outside of your specialty.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Following Qualifications are an asset
- Experience developing data visualizations in modern web applications
- NoSQL database experience (e.g. CouchDB)
- Comfort with heterogeneous environments (Windows, Linux)
You are analytical, communicative and focused. You work structured and have an eye for details. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and cultivat your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas. Reference: R-5736 APPLY HERE