Associate Engineering Specialist
Associate Engineering Specialist
"Working together and standing apart"
Nestlé Product Technology Temporary role, 2 years, act. Rate 100%
Centre Beverage (NPTC), Orbe, Switzerland
The Nestlé Product Technology Centre in Orbe is the leading Nestlé Coffee, Beverages and Cereals Competence Centre that develops products, production processes and delivery systems for in-home and out-of-home consumption. The Technical Competence Unit not only provides the required competency for new processes developments in R&D but also provides technical assistance and directions to the Nestlé factories worldwide.
Our mission - to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence - drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
To complete our Engineering Development team based in Orbe, we are currently looking for an Associate Engineering Specialist.
Your main responsibilities will be the development of new processes from conceptual studies and trials throughout support during first industrialization in a market by applying core process engineering skills in response to business needs while ensuring product quality & safety, plant operation/performance, people health & safety and minimum environment footprint.
Education and experience
- Suppliers research for unit operations that can deliver partially or totally the required process transformation under development. Contact these suppliers for feasibility of trials at their premises or renting their equipment. Conduct trials at supplier's premises or coordinate the installation for in house trials.
- Lead capital investments in our R&D facility in Orbe for new processes under development coordinating a multidisciplinary team, from the preparation of documentation throughout implementation in terms of technical soundness, ensuring the alignment with our standards.
- Scale up pilot scale processes to industrial size ones.
- Discuss with equipment suppliers the requirements for industrial scale. Prepare equipment User Requirement Specifications for industrial scale.
- Prepare engineering standard documentations for industrialization, such as flowsheets, heat and mass balance, installation drawings, functional description, checklists and etc.
- Support local market engineering team during industrialization.
- Participate with the local market engineering team in the Commissioning, Qualification and Verification of newly developed processes.
- Contribute and proposed new ideas for product / processes. Explore patentable technologies and processes.
Show us that you have highly developed influencing skills as well as your leadership skills, which will be your main assets for this position.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you at www.nestle.com/jobs!
The Nestlé Group is the World's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 91,6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2014, more than 339,000 employees worldwide and 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
- Master and/or PhD degree in Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Solid skills in mechanical, thermal and fluid mechanics.
- Experience in having worked with multi-disciplinary teams that focused on processes or product developments / optimization.
- Experience in personnel Supervision (of technical teams, contractors or other 3rd parties).
- Experience in execution or coordination of Capital Investment projects. PMI Certification will be an advantage.
- Master command of English, any additional languages would be a plus.
- Master command of French is highly desirable.