IT Application Manager
VASCO Data Security is currently looking for a "IT Business Application Engineer" to enforce it's BA-Team in Zurich.
The "IT Business Application Engineer" is responsible for the implementation of business processes in core business applications (workflow management system, ERP, CRM). The "IT Business Application Engineer" understands business processes, captures them in process and data models using common modelling techniques and makes proposals to re-design the existing processes to bring process improvements. Furthermore he/she configures workflow applications and develops automatic scripts to automate and optimize current processes.
- Understand, describe and automate business processes.
- Suggest ways to improve current processes by appropriate automation.
- Create ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ process models using common modelling techniques (use of MS Visio and other tools to present the models).
- Create data models using common modelling techniques.
- Configure the workflow application (Omnitracker) to automate business processes, create data entry forms, operational reports, improve search functions, maintain the data model.
- Write scripts to automate certain activities to optimize business processes.
- Maintain business applications, including setting up user groups, permission structures, maintain access, maintain master data. This includes providing user and access reports for compliance purposes (e.g. SOX compliance) and writing control views to enforce proper system maintenance and usage.
- Write ad hoc SQL queries for ad hoc reporting needs and data migration activities.
- Write detailed functional specifications for additional functionality and interfaces, which require development activity from internal or external developers.
- Review technical specifications in a proper way and in line with enterprise architecture principles and guidelines.
- Perform and document test scenarios and provide evidence on proper system testing before program or configuration changes are ready for testing by the users and released for production.
- Responsible for (communication of) operational schedule(s) of maintenance activity on the business applications.
- Improve IT processes, administration and reporting on the workflow / ITIL application to ease and improve IT status monitoring and reporting.
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in Science or comparable higher education (technical college, …)
- You have 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience within business process engineering
- You have experience with system configuration, scripting, UI/form/view creation
- You are creative in designing ‘to be’ processes with appropriate automation
- You have extensive knowledge of process and data modelling techniques
- You have excellent communication skills, able to communicate with business users on different levels and make technical solutions understandable in business terms
- You are capable to translate business needs into concrete technical solutions
- You have a good understanding of standard business applications, such as ERP and CRM
- You have excellent writing skills and you are capable to write job instructions, system documentation, change requirements, test scenarios and results for different target groups (IT colleagues, business users, auditors)
- You are proficient in English (both spoken and written)
- You have a good knowledge of SQL and VB scripting
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports or Microsoft’s Power Suite is an advantage
- You are willing to travel occasionally (mainly to Belgium)
IT Application Management