We are in the process of building a new BT Service Desk for Europe / Middle East / Africa which will be located in Bern. This position will lead the Service Desk as Supervisor
Together into the future…
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader which is driven by its promise to save lives. With over 1,400 employees we develop and manufacture plasma-derived therapies at our facilities in Bern to deliver them to patients worldwide.
For our location in Bern, we are looking for a
Supervisor Service Desk EMEA
This position will be part of the new European CSL IT Service Desk, which will be responsible for around 6000 internal customers within 20 countries and growing. This is a great opportunity for an individual to improve and implement new processes.
The purpose of this position is to supervise the regional Service Desk staff to ensure that end users are receiving appropriate assistance and to provide first, second and third level remote customer support, to perform remote analysis, diagnosis and resolution of a variety of issues. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions. He/She will manage and direct Service Desk Analysts; provide off hours support as required by the business and support small projects that are limited in scope.
In addition to our European customers we will also support internal CSL employees around the world by Follow the Sun support, which also requires to work together with global teams.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supervises the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues by coordinating work activities of Service Desk Analysts. Schedules Analysts’ work assignments, sets priorities, and directs the work of Analysts. Designs and enforces request handling and escalation policies and procedures. Establishes and enforces Service Desk service levels agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes
- Supervises Service Desk Analysts in the performance of their duties to ensure proper and efficient operation of the Service Desk function. Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques. Addresses employee performance through effective coaching and performance management techniques. Participates in decision-making and makes recommendations for hiring and termination of employment for the Analyst position. Maintains employee records. Identifies staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained
- Directs application packaging and deployment through the use of company approved software distribution mechanisms. Directs the testing and deployment of desktop image updates and platform patches as released
- Provides support for account administration. Provides advanced support for remotely connected and travelling users and as needed to ensure appropriate support for end users. Identifies and responds to threats of information security. Support and train staff on updated administration procedures
- Ensures operation and service documentation (i.e. SOP, Schedules, internal procedures, etc.) are adequate and up-to-date. Train staff on updates to operations procedures
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery plans to ensure correct response in time of crisis. Assists in developing crisis planning procedures
- Directs the documentation of all incidents and request in CSL’s incident management system.
- Provides first, second, and third Level Call Center Support. Responsible for answering calls and assignments from end users and fellow analysts in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner following standard procedures
- Retains ownership of request and incidents until resolution communicating status to customers and coordinating resolution with relevant support teams
- Ensures operation and service documentation (i.e. SOP, Schedules, internal procedures, etc.) are adequate and up-to-date. Train junior staff on updates to operations procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educational concentration in Computer Science, Management of Information Services or Business Administration is preferred
- 5+ years of related experience including 1+ years of supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Fluent English and German is required
- Experience developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Service Desk deliverables
- Strong leadership skills
- Good and Timely Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, prioritize and multitask
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Technical training or certification in the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation would be a plus
Within our EMEA Service Operations organization, we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Applications must include a motivation letter and CV, as well as letters of references and copies of relevant transcripts and/or diplomas in the original language. Please include all these in one document together with the CV.
CSL Behring is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.