In the position as Standard Precision GNSS Support Manager you are responsible to lead a team of motivated, international Application Engineers supporting u-blox standard precision products.
Standard Precision GNSS Support Manager
In the position as Standard Precision GNSS Support Manager you are responsible to lead a team of motivated, international Application Engineers supporting u-blox standard precision products. With your experience and in-depth knowledge in the domain of GNSS you are the expert for various positioning techniques. The SPS team is responsible for bringing u-blox products to the markets by supporting our global Technical Managers in all aspects of technical problems resolution. The function includes responsibility to support improvement of existing products and facilitate the creation of new products through the collecting and examination of market feedback and analysis of competitive products. In the position you will face many internal and external peer groups with different priorities daily basis which need to be prioritize and manage.
- Leadership in the technical discipline of standard precision positioning toward FAEs and customers
- Together with your own contributions lead your team in the following areas
- 2nd level global GNSS standard precision customer support and RMA activity
- Plan and coordinate the team activity within internal projects and customer workshop
- Organization of customer support activities, drafting of technical concepts and preparation of specifications for new features of the GNSS receiver firmware
- Responsible to identify, specify and coordinate reference design (HW & SW) activities in product center positioning with 3rd party or in-house departments
- Coordinate issue replication and resolution activities between field application engineer and product development teams
- Contribution to or technical lead of new products plus collection of customer technical feedback for future products
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Quality control and error analysis
- Providing workarounds and nonconformity notification for external customers
- Required: Bachelor or Master, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous experience leading the team or working in customer support is a plus
- Experience including one or more in following technical domains:
- GPS/GNSS technologies e.g Automotive Dead Reckoning, Timing , PPP, A-GNSS domains
- Hardware engineering, BB & RF, Microprocessor architecture , e.g ARM
- Software engineering, Linux kernel, Android, RTOS embedded systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience embedded HW&SW debugging skills on real time operating systems.
- Experience in C/C++/C#/Perl/Python programming
- Experience to use embedded tools (emulators/JTAG-debuggers)
- Customer-oriented, needs to be able to quickly understand the customer´s application and system architecture of customer's and advise field application engineers or key customer possibilities and consult on a technical level.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally